Dapol Turntable

Has anyone motorised one of these? Do they have a centre pivot hole
and do they have any fixing arrangements for the track?
Is there any damning critiscism?
Regards
Reply to
Sailor
: Has anyone motorised one of these? Do they have a centre pivot hole : and do they have any fixing arrangements for the track? : : Is there any damning critiscism? :
Are you talking about the ex Airfix kit, if so then yes, yes, no (but you don't really want them anyway IMO). Indexing for alto-stop etc. can be achieved by using (under the base board) a disc wheel/cam, mounted on a 'centre dive axle' and micro switches or wipers and contacts. IYSWIM. It is possible but is not an 'open the box, shake it out and hay-presto we have a working turntable' sort of thing, some modelling, basic mechanical and electrical knowledge is needed.
Reply to
Jerry
No, yes and yes in that order. It would probably be easier to get the indexing set up and then lay the track to the index positions from what I've read of indexing the Peco turntable. Guy
Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?
ed
Thanks for the input. I have access to motor/gearbox direct drives at 2 rpm and plenty of reed sw/magnets so with a pair of relays indexing is no problem. I have a Peco with oa piece missing! and thought the basic plasic bits might well be fashioned into a functional unit but photos do not give much detail -- even so the outline is more realistic than the Hornby and far far cheaper than others from the HO world.
Reply to
Sailor
"Sailor" wrote
You'll need to do a lot of reinforcing to the deck part of the turntable for it to be a practical proposition for turning anything but the lightest loco.
John.
Reply to
John Turner

Site Timeline