FA Some Rail

Thanks for looking

Reply to
Johngo

I have just discovered the wonders of KD couplings having bought a large batch on eBay. I have fitted them to a rake of Hornby (new style) coaches and find that they are by far the neatest solution for corridor coaches. However I have about 70 other etched brass coaches which I would now like to equip with these couplings. Where can I get plastic drag boxes to fit to etched coaches?

Alistair Wright

Reply to
Alistair Wright

Remember there are a couple of dozen different mounting types.

I'd guess you are using the ones designed for the coupler pocket on the Hornby coaches.

Kadee number 5 couplings include a plastic draft box.

Reply to
Christopher A.Lee

For full details and comparisons of the many types of coupler avaialable, go to

and look at some of the .PDFs

Reply to
MartinS

"Christopher A.Lee" wrote

Not always - you can by #5 couplings in bulk without the draft box.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , Alistair Wright writes

What you are looking for are No.232 Plastic Draft Gear Boxes & Lids

I get mine from Mac?s Model Railroading, 64A Sinclair St., Helensburgh, G84 8TP, 01436 679444, mailto: snipped-for-privacy@macsmodels.co.uk

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

You could try number 16's designed for European stock that has buffers. I have used these successfully on Lima Mk3's and other older stock. They are quite small if you are short of space.

Chris

Reply to
Chris