Hornby DCC in December eh?

Is there not also a statutory requirement to hire live musicians if the venue has sufficient space for them?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Quite likely...

Reply to
MartinS

Perfectly legal as log as one had the appropriate licence. If they declined to get a licence, then it would be illegal.

P.

Reply to
Paul Matthews

I do not beleive so, but that also involves licenses.

Reply to
Paul Matthews

Actually, it's the other way around. The cost of "muzak", elevator music, production music or library music as it's known is included in the price of the license, which varies depending on what you want to use it for. You buy the correct license from the MCPS stating which tracks you are using then download the music, or get a CD from the library quoting your MCPS "P number". The MCPS pay the library who pay the musicians.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Well I know pub managers who were told they could not have a juke box license unless they also employed a live band at least once a week. The only exemption was if there was insufficient space for a band to play.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

What has all this got to do with model railways?

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Well, it would be relevant if you had any sound effects using copyright soundtracks that required an MCPS license for public performance, e.g. on an exhibition layout.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Does it not depend on the size of the lift (for elevator music)? Sorry could not resist ;-)

Reply to
Kevin Martin

In message , " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" writes

Please let me know how juke boxes in pubs have anything to do with what you said. I'm obviously missing something here.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Sorry, I meant the discussion in general could be relevant, not the specific point about Juke boxes.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq