Hornby or Triang very large scale (Late 1960s?)

I have a recollection that in the mid to late 1960s either Hornby or Triang advertised a large gauge, larger than '0' scale, designed for the garden. I can find nothing on line. Does anyone else recall this or am I mistaking it for a venture by one of them into '0' scale?

Reply to
Roger T.

Triang Minic narrow gauge railway.

10 1/4 inch gauge, sit-in with a locomotive that was a caricature of a Southern Region class 71 and two different types of passenger carriage.

They had plans to do a steam outline engine looking like a larger version of their OO "Nellie".

Christopher A. Lee

I think this is the one you recall.

Search under the term Minic railway will bring up a few more references.

G.harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Yes, there was an interesting article in one of the BRM annuals ( 2007 IIRC) on this system.

Reply to
airsmoothed

Yes, there was an interesting article in one of the BRM annuals ( 2007 IIRC) on this system.

I remember drooling over the adverts when I was a lad, but our garden wouldn't have taken it, sadly.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith