Triang Hornby Davy Crockett Loco

I am after a 00 or HO Triang Hornby "Davy Crockett" type loco for our son ! Large headlamp on front, cow catcher, brass bell etc. etc.

Anyone in the UK stock these old type models ?

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Does your wife mind you swapping your children for trains? Bet he's a teenager! That's the only time my wife agreed and then no-one with trains seemed interested in a deal.

Seriously, the few of these locos I've seen on sale went for quite high prices, enough to be certain that they're collectors' items.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

"Dragon Heart" wrote

Expect to pay upwards of GBP100.00 for a nice example - they're pretty hard to find. You might be better looking for one of the Bachmann HO-scale American 4-4-0s - they're similar but at a fraction of the cost.

If you're insistent about 'Davy Crockett' I can only suggest you keep an eye on eBay. I've only had one through my hands in the last five years.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

...and that was on the way from shelf to floor! :~0

Reply to
:Jerry:

John Turner said the following on 08/04/2008 08:59:

Blimey - I think I might have one in a shedload of stuff I'm selling on eBay on behalf of... ...long story.

I'll have a rummage about and see if I remembered what I think I saw correctly :-)

Reply to
Paul Boyd

You may want to purchase some Code 140 track to go with it? Never had one myself but assume it runs like a dog on modern track.

I think Tempo did a similar one in a larger scale with matching cowboys and Indians?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

One of the later Triang issues, so should work ok on code 100 track, but certainly not fine scale.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I wanted an au pair for mine - experience with children irrelevent. When lost out on that realised either look after child (visit railways, model shops, model shows ....) or do jobs (carry shopping bags, decorate...). No contest.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

In message , simon writes

Shame you missed out. Some of these male au-pairs are wonderful around the house (so I hear from my next-door neighbour who had a Hungarian male au-pair some years ago).

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Yes Yes Yes very droll.

The Bachmann HO-scale American 4-4-0's look like a good idea.

Hattons have a American 4-4-0 loco & tender in Union Pacific livery @ =A345 which may fit the bill ( good bold bright colours ).

My old college mate's Mum & Dad used to have an au pair. One of the best women NO best drivers I have ever been with ( her driving and me in the back seat ), could play golf like Tiger Woods, run the 100 yards in just over 13 seconds in heels, rode a motor bike and was very good looking. The only thing that put me off was that she used to be part of a French military protection squad.

How do we get onto these subjects ?

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

that was the arguement her ladyship put forward that scotched the idea - dont think she mentioned Hungarian though.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

The Bachmann HO-scale American 4-4-0's look like a good idea.

Hattons have a American 4-4-0 loco & tender in Union Pacific livery @ £45 which may fit the bill ( good bold bright colours ).

My old college mate's Mum & Dad used to have an au pair. One of the best women NO best drivers I have ever been with ( her driving and me in the back seat ), could play golf like Tiger Woods, run the 100 yards in just over 13 seconds in heels, rode a motor bike and was very good looking. The only thing that put me off was that she used to be part of a French military protection squad.

How do we get onto these subjects ?

Chris

Dunno, but have been thinking about her ever since read this.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

I do fear some of you are not getting enough roughage in your diets ?

Reply to
Dragon Heart

You still going on about that au-pair ?

Cheers, Simon