Hornby Power Track

What the difference between the two types of Hornby power tracks R8241 ( digital ? ) and R8206 ?

My guess is the 'old' R8206 has a resistor or something built in !

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

"Dragon Heart" wrote

That's about it. I had to remove the capacitor from one of the R8206 Power Tracks for a customer who insisted on having one of the 'Digital' units before they actually became available.

To be perfectly honest you'd be far better off soldering the wires to the track rather than relying on either power clip or power track. Poor electrical connections are the bane of DCC.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

On 30 Jun, 16:02, "John Turner" wrote: "Dragon Heart" wrote

What the difference between the two types of Hornby power tracks R8241 ( digital ? ) and R8206 ?

My guess is the 'old' R8206 has a resistor or something built in !

That's about it. I had to remove the capacitor from one of the R8206 Power Tracks for a customer who insisted on having one of the 'Digital' units before they actually became available.

To be perfectly honest you'd be far better off soldering the wires to the track rather than relying on either power clip or power track. Poor electrical connections are the bane of DCC.

Thanks John ! Opening a R8206 Power Track is OK but re-closing it is another situation

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

"Dragon Heart" wrote

I didn't have any problem opening or closing the R8206, and I think I secured it back together using Plastic Weld (Dichloromethane) or maybe it was superglue.

John.

Reply to
John Turner