Hornby see 'weakening consumer demand'

"Enzo Matrix"

But were they missed?

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Not quite. The last of the big-boiler rebuilds lasted until

1949 - just into BR ownership. I'd be surprised if they ever got BR livery or numbers, though.
Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

Not really, because they were replaced by Patriots, which were more capable. The early Patriots were *supposed* to be rebuilt Claughtons, but very little of the old engine went into the new ones - just the bogie and the wheel centres. In effect it was a scam to use money from a different budget to build the new engines.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

"Andrew Robert Breen" wrote

From memory allocated 46604 but unsure whether it was ever carried.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

The message from "John Turner" contains these words:

46004. It's listed in the 1948 Ian Allan combined. I've spent a short time looking for a photo showing the BR number, but so far without sucess. (Lots of photos of LMS 6004...)
Reply to
David Jackson

You won't find it. Essery & Jenkinson Vol 2 page 41 says it was withdrawn in LMS red livery and never received its BR number

Tim

Reply to
Tim Illingworth

The message from Tim Illingworth contains these words:

Thanks for that. I'll go and re-pack the bookcases. My copy of Essery and Jenkinson belongs to Widnes Library...

Reply to
David Jackson

The message from David Jackson contains these words:

And Casserley & Asher say the same, scrapped in 1949.

Reply to
Colin Reeves