Hornby teak

I purchased a couple HO teak coaches at a swap meet the other day and see some loose parts rolling around inside. Any suggestions re removing the trucks (bogies) and gaining access to the interior?

Reply to
Tom Spence

New or old type? Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Assuming they are the old type, hold the bogie in the centre on each side between thumb and forefinger and gently pull away from the chassis. The plastic holding tabs will snap out.

You will then see a pair of tabs at each end behind the buffer beam. Squeeze the tabs together and ease the body off one end at a time.

The Stanier LMS coaches, which use the same chassis, come apart in the same way

Reply to
MartinS

Are they really HO and not OO?

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

The use of "HO" and "trucks" suggests that the OP is probably from north America.

Reply to
Bruce

OP emailed the product umbers, these are new type. Nice! Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Where can I buy HO LNER teak coaches???????? =8^P (I do have some lithographed OO coach sides, but they are a bit tired)

Greg.P. NZ

Reply to
Greg Procter

And going second-hand already!

Reply to
MartinS

Didn't the early batch of the new-style Hornby teaks have some detail problems? IIRC the graining for some panels went the wrong way.

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell