How do you get treated by model shops.

But UK beer has the same effect... first you forget your worries, then your legs feel wobbly, and when you finally get home your wife kills you.
Cheers, Steve
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Steve W" wrote

You must be recently married - my wife stopped staying up for me to come in years ago!
John.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 20:26:03 +0200, Beowulf wrote:

Fear not, Starbucks are teaching us how.
Ken
Add pictures here
βœ–
Just to bring this fully back on subject and update you all.
Was on my way home this morning after a nights hard work. Got on to M25 and realised that there was one item in the shop in Uckfield (Hobby Box) that I would like to get. Looked at GPS for timings to home via Uckfield. Decide it was only going to add about 30 minutes to the journey so went there.
Got in, asked for the (1) item I wanted. On shelf out the back and I was also invited to browse through the rest of the items (2nd hand US HO scale). He'd also bought some code 83 track in. Haggled a little bit (very good natured). He gave me a discount off the track. I ended up buying a lot more than I had intended to.
Original item I wanted was a 30" Traksetter for £4. Ended up spending £100 - and yet I was happy. That's what I call good service!
--
Mike Hughes
βœ–

For hair on yer chest coffee Finnish coffeee cant be beaten....... for taste..Swedish :) Beowulf
Add pictures here
βœ–

How much akvavit do they put in it?

--
Jane
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html

none :) they boils it :) Beowulf
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:14:38 +0200, Beowulf wrote:

Sounds like Turkish, with golden brown lump sugar, wonderful.
Ken.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I like chewing the bits on the bottom of the cup :) yes its different from nescaff....... Beowulf
Add pictures here
βœ–

Since 1968?
--
Martin S.

Add pictures here
βœ–
"MartinS"

Actually Martin, I used to have a BR(S) layout for some time. From around 1967/68 to 1975/6 or so. A single track cross country line a la the S&D from a double track terminal, fed from a six track staging yard through four other station including one with a bay platform and exchange sidings for a GWR branch (Feed from a three track staging yard) on to a 10 track hidden staging under the originating terminal.
-- Cheers Roger T.
βœ–

You don't do things by halves, do you? Are you related to Enzo? ;-)
--
Martin S.

Add pictures here
βœ–
"MartinS"

LOL.
The terminal was third rail as I had 2 x 4cor units and steam was used on the "London" express(es) and on goods trains. The single track line, the main model, was all steam. I ad most of the track and basic scenery down. The terminal was dummy colour lights with working shunt signals and signalling was in place over most of the line but not all were hooked up to the signal boxes. The plan was to use bell codes on the modelled part of the line with an "Automatic Crispen" for the staging yards but it never got that far.
Locos and rolling stock were a problem back then as I didn't have the time or skill to build all the kits required and UK rtr was, how do I put it nicely, not as good as available in North America at the time?
So, the railway was scrapped and most of it given away and, as you know, I now model North American.
-- Cheers Roger T.
βœ–
MartinS wrote:

You know what The Other Place is like. Apparently we are all related to each other... ;-)
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.
βœ–

Too bad you were away when I visited a couple of years ago, John.
On a recent visit to one of the few model shops over here that sells Hornby and Bachmann, I was given 3 Peco cardboard container sheets!
I'll be in Yorkshire later this month, but won't make it to Hull.
--
Martin S.

Add pictures here
βœ–
"MartinS" wrote

Sorry about that, must have had a rare week off.

Cor!
Shame, always good to put a face to the name.
John.
Add pictures here
βœ–
As model Shops are like 'Rocking Horse Manure' where I live I rely on the 'on line' shops Hatton's & Rails of Sheffield who I find excellent. The other week I need some spares for a couple of loco's I was converting to DCC and contacted Hornby. They put me on to 'Model Spares' of Burnley email snipped-for-privacy@btconnect.com The proprietor was most knowledgeable and extremely helpful. The items arrived by return post and were spot on. I can recommend this 'shop' to the group. Chris Warcup
Add pictures here
βœ–
Chris Warcup wrote:

Modelspares seem to have stopped advertising in Model Rail and there were announcements that the business was for sale. Has the original owner decided to carry on or has it changed hands and the new owner doesn't advertise?
MBQ
Add pictures here
βœ–
kim wrote:

FSVO "many". 5% of criminals are shoplifters under the age of 21; 13% are shoplifters over the age of 21. So, your average adult customer is more than twice as likely as your average child customer to shoplift. You'd be better employed banning the adults.
(OK, this is Scottish data. Can't find the English data, but I suspect it'll be similar).
http://www.scotland.gov.uk/stats/bulletins/00312-08.asp
R.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Richard wrote:

Sorry, can't read the numbers properly. Those numbers are persons with a charge proved per 1000 population, not percentages. But the point is the same.
R.
Add pictures here
βœ–