Info sought - Track layout - Taplow station (GWR)

Dear all -

Does anyone have knowledge of the track layout at Taplow pre-rationalisation? At present I'm assuming it had a goods yard, as the 1904 station directory states it could handle all forms of normal freight. A site visit showed one potential site - on the east side of the station, south of the 'down fast' line.

Any info would be of great assitance.

Regards

Ian Barefoot

Reply to
Ian

I think you will find the information that you want on pages 161 to 165 of "An Historical Survey of Selected Great Western Stations Volume Four" by C.R.Potts from Oxford Publishing Co. ISBN 0-86093-191-1 which your local public library should be able to get for you through 'inter library loan'.

It has a 1937 signal box diagram and also a larger plan from 1950 which shows on the Paddington end of the station a goods shed and down sidings to the South and up sidings and cattle dock to the North of the main lines.

Alan

Reply to
Alan P Dawes