John's shop?

Hi all,

Where do I find the helpful shop owner who used to post here? Alternatively, what was the shop/business name? I'm having trouble finding anywhere that can supply me with little Peco etc parts (not necessarily small prices) A shop that can be bothered to answer reasonable questions would do.

Greg.P. NZ

Reply to
Greg Procter

There are several helpful modelshop owners called John, but I think you are referring to John Turner of 53A Models in Hull,

- Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Cliffe

Responds to email or phone, closed mondays but has been known to answer then as well.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

He hasn't on posted here for a while and he has no items on his ebay site and the web page refered to has the look of one that does not appear to have been updated for a while. The business was up for sale so maybe this has taken place. Must say though that sometimes I got the impression of Hornby Bad all others Good in his postings.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

The web site may not have been updated, but that's typical of small businesses who find it difficult to set aside the considerable amount of time that is necessary. People think the main work is done when a web site first goes live, but that is only the start.

The 53A Models eBay account has been used more recently with quite a few transactions in the run-up to Christmas.

That's an opinion that many dealers seem to share.

Reply to
Bruce

I did look regularly for a while as he had some North American stuff last year.

Worringly we are not too many weeks away from the longest day and next Christmas being closer than the last one.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Possibly John isn't in the best of health. I so hope he's OK, he has certainly enlivened a few discussions on Usenet over the years. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

John posted on alt.binaries.pictures.rail within the last couple of weeks, but that was the first posting several months.

Wolf K.

Reply to
Wolf K

Same on here, was just before xmas then about a month ago. Send him a mail, wouldnt be suprised if you got a quick response one way or another.

CHeers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Had a email from John as recently as yesterday so sure he's OK. Have pointed him at this thread!

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Emery

Thanks Nigel! That's very good news.

Reply to
Bruce

wrote

Oh but I have, but not as often as I might, and can't remeber which thread.

Yes, I'm still trading in Hull as 53A Models, and the contact details on the

website remain pretty much unchanged.

John,

53A Models, Hull.
Reply to
John Turner

"Bruce" wrote

Someone love me!

Well that's a first. ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Thanks to everyone who responded! In as much as I hate shops that take ones order and then appear to do nothing, I love shop keepers who know their products, understand customer's wants and let the customer know the progress of said orders. Right now I have placed an order on a swish website with boxes to tick and quantities of each item in stock. Given the 12,000miles distance and the New Zealand Customs in between, said order might be anywhere or no-where. I've written your details on the wall above the computer in black felt pen and big letters so I remember where to place my next UK order. (solved the problem of SWIMBO complaining by prefixing it with "Christmas and Birthday orders")

Greg.P. NZ

Reply to
Greg Procter

Don't let it go to your head, John! ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

I can't even remember what day it is? :o(

(kim)

Reply to
kim

That's easy: The day before tomorrow and the day after yesterday. Write it down on a piece of paper - it's amazing the way it updates itself every day!

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter