Level Crossing Gates

Morning all.... Just started to install the Peco level crossing kit, looks nice but MUCH to clean. Anyone got any good ideas on how to weather them. I have at hand Carrs Powders, various grimy paints etc, but I am not sure where to start. Thanks again as always Rob

Reply to
Rob K

You could pretend they're freshly painted.

Reply to
MartinS

Reply to
Rob K

=>On 27 Aug 2003, "Rob K" wrote: =>

=>> Morning all.... =>> Just started to install the Peco level crossing kit, looks nice but =>> MUCH to clean. Anyone got any good ideas on how to weather them. I =>> have at hand Carrs Powders, various grimy paints etc, but I am not =>> sure where to start. Thanks again as always =>

=>You could pretend they're freshly painted.

What era are you modelleing? Up to at least the early 50s ** crossing gates were very well mainytianed, and had very little grime on them.

** I emigrated in 1954.
Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Reply to
Rob K

Check out this page at freefoto.... might give you some ideas...

Cheers Mal Oz

Reply to
Mal

i used a really weak acrylic wash on mine (also PECO gates..which i found damn good quality and value by the way) and they came up "reasonable" have a look on the pics page of our layout at

i only did the bits where i remember as a kid there was grease and stuff linke the hinges.. came up ok for a close up shot i thought very fiddly though for my old eyes..

frank in murwillumbah

Reply to
frank scott

=>Hi Wolf =>I am modeling late 50's early 60's BR(SR) (with license!!) =>I emigrated in 1986, where you from? =>Rob

Austria (Upper Austria) and England (Stratford on Avon.)

Have a soft spot for green GWR steam and chocolate and cream diesel cars. And double decker Stratford Blue busses.....

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir