Level Crossing Gates

Morning all....
Just started to install the Peco level crossing kit, looks nice but MUCH to
clean. Anyone got any good ideas on how to weather them. I have at hand
Carrs Powders, various grimy paints etc, but I am not sure where to start.
Thanks again as always
Rob
Reply to
Rob K
You could pretend they're freshly painted.
Reply to
MartinS
LOL. but I want them nasty looking
Reply to
Rob K
=>=> =>> Morning all.... =>> Just started to install the Peco level crossing kit, looks nice but =>> MUCH to clean. Anyone got any good ideas on how to weather them. I =>> have at hand Carrs Powders, various grimy paints etc, but I am not =>> sure where to start. Thanks again as always => =>You could pretend they're freshly painted.
What era are you modelleing? Up to at least the early 50s ** crossing gates were very well mainytianed, and had very little grime on them.
** I emigrated in 1954.
Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir
Hi Wolf I am modeling late 50's early 60's BR(SR) (with license!!) I emigrated in 1986, where you from? Rob
Reply to
Rob K
Check out this page at freefoto.... might give you some ideas...
Cheers Mal Oz
Reply to
Mal
i used a really weak acrylic wash on mine (also PECO gates..which i found damn good quality and value by the way) and they came up "reasonable" have a look on the pics page of our layout at
i only did the bits where i remember as a kid there was grease and stuff linke the hinges.. came up ok for a close up shot i thought very fiddly though for my old eyes..
frank in murwillumbah
Reply to
frank scott
=>Hi Wolf =>I am modeling late 50's early 60's BR(SR) (with license!!) =>I emigrated in 1986, where you from? =>Rob
Austria (Upper Austria) and England (Stratford on Avon.)
Have a soft spot for green GWR steam and chocolate and cream diesel cars. And double decker Stratford Blue busses.....
Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir