DS10 repowering

I have repowered a Hornby class 58 bogie with a DS10 and fitted it to a Lima calss 60 - all runs fine to start then it gradually gets slower and the motor starts to overheat.

Anybody any ideas why and what can be done?

Nick Palette

Reply to
Nick Palette

Use a Mashima 1024 open frame instead. Very similar dimensionally, except for the lack of the two large bushes on the end plates. I've found the Mashima 1024 to be far superior to the DS10 (or Hanzono 1024). Mashima motors are readily available from Branchlines of Exeter.

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan