Lima PALETHORPES wagons sought

Hi again

If anyone has Lima Palethorpes carriages and is willing to consider selling them, I would love to hear from you

thanks

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

they come up on ebay quite regularly - just keep a watch out for them

Reply to
Uncle Wobbly

On 20/02/2005 17:32, Uncle Wobbly wrote,

For instance, a quick search shows 4 listed at the moment.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

all of which I am bidding on

thanks

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

I take it that you are aware that the Lima Palethorpes vans are not authentic. They are merely inside framed GWR SIPHON Gs with spurious Palethorpes livery applied.

For details of genuine sausage vans, consult the relevant OPC LMS and GWR coaching stock histories.

Genuine Palethorpes sausage vans were :-

GWR Diagram O46 6-wheeled van

LMS Diagram 1955 6-wheeled van

LMS Diagram 1957 bogie van

LMS Diagram 1958 4-wheeled van

LMS Diagram 2001 bogie corridor van

The 6-wheeled vans have been offered by Hornby, (in somewhat basic form).

John Isherwood.

Reply to
cctransuk

Hi

Thanks for the info.

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

On 20/02/2005 20:49, mindesign wrote,

Ah! You didn't mention that, and as you bid before posting your message, I hadn't then made the connection between "mindesign" and "seriph". Good luck with your bids!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

no problem - I appreciate your looking on my behalf. Feel free to keep doing so

:)))))

As you would've read, these are "wrong" for a whole bunch of reasons, but I am not concerned with that. I just like what I like, for example I love my two Roundhouse Climax Logging Locos and they it seems, are a total concoction, though fully in keeping with what I imagine folks would've done way-back-when on their mines and logging runs. A friend super-details these to a level that's just brilliant and I intend to do the same.

Thanks again

Steve

Reply to
mindesign