Low temperature solder

These are 2 online suppliers I've used, both pretty good. The O gauge site has Carr's Red Label flux in 250ml bottles which a lot more economical.
Reply to
Les Pickstock
On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 03:25:20 +0000, Jim Guthrie said in :
Thanks, yes that looks hopeful - although Chronos, per below, have online ordering, C&L are fractionally cheaper and I like to buy from model shops where possible for obvious reasons. Seems the flap over solder may have been misplaced, at least where 70deg is concerned.
Guy
Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?
On 02/01/2006 11:13, Just zis Guy, you know? said,
C+L is not exactly a model shop, but I know what you mean. The "flap over solder" is not misplaced - it is going to be a real problem getting hold of any leaded solder shortly, whether you are exempt or not. Brian Lewis (of C+L) has an article about this on his website, alongside his listings of leaded solder. OK, this might seem to be scare tactics to make you buy his stuff, but the article is factual, and correct.
Anyway, to be pedantic, the 70deg stuff isn't technically a solder - it's a eutectic alloy ;-)
Happy new year to all!
Reply to
Paul Boyd
"Paul Boyd" wrote
Bit like the quality of paint of late, I suspect the H&S bods have insisted on useless (totally) lead free concoctions which are a total waste of space.
It won't be long before modelling will be an impossibility if these clowns continue to have their way.
John.
Reply to
John Turner

Site Timeline