Mainline crankpins

Is there a non-destructive way of removing Mainline crankpins so that I can replace the worn coupling rods on my rebuilt Patriot with some spare ones I have lying around?

Reply to
Gerald H

Don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly sure they are just a pressed in pin. You need something to hook under both sides of the pin so you can give it a straight pull. If I'm right then no twisting as the pin has some serations on the inserted part that will rip out too much plastic when turned. Check what others say first.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Thanks for that. My Patriot has the older metal centred wheels which might be more difficult to remove?

Reply to
Gerald H

I used to do a lot of general repairs for a variety of shops so it's only from memory as I don't own any Mainline. The problem is to grip the pin and to pull it without tearing the edges. You need something like pliers with "

Reply to
Greg Procter