"Model Town" on Discovery Real Time Extra

For the Sky subscribers, and beginners amongst us, I just spotted a show on Discovery RealTime Extra, weekends at 9am. Seem to be building a model railway, and explaining some of the trickier bits (like how to make trees), at the BlueBell line.

Probably a repeat, but new to me...

now, for the war of the remote (or can this justify upgrading to Sky+?)

Reply to
Ian Cornish

Sounds like the one I recorded on to betamax from the beed long long ago " a look at railway modelling " and "another look at railway modelling" or was it a Lineside look

Reply to
Trev

Ian,

It's a repeat, has been on in it's entirety at least twice before. I thoroughly enjoyed them so much I had my wife buy me the set of videos for xmas (not available on DVD). 3 Videos with 15 episodes for about £20 excellent value.

As I prefer to watch DVDs now for their convenience in jumping to relevant bits I have converted the videos to 3 DVDs. (Pity it is illegal to give you a set as it would take little effort ;o)

If you would like to contact me off list, I will tell you where I purchased my set ;o)

To reply direct remove the 3? in the supplied email address.

Eddie.

Reply to
Eddie Bray

^Sounds like the one I recorded on to betamax from the beed long long ago " ^a look at railway modelling " and "another look at railway modelling" or was ^it a Lineside look

No, It is a new much more modern series, made within the last couple of years, certainly this century. 15x 25 minute episodes showing the techniques and materials used to build the model railway based at the "Bluebell Railway". Every episode also has a feature of another layout.

Presented in a very easy going manner by a presenter who does not give the impresion of a complete anorak, and the week to week build is made more interesting by the use of a fictional story to explain the inclusion of the various elements.

Well worth a look.

Eddie

Reply to
Eddie Bray