(More) N Gauge Questions

A small nailset used with a hammer. With a softer baseboard, you can dispense with the hammer. With MDF, drill a pilot hole first.

Reply to
MartinS

I used the thing what is for knocking nails below surface - tis good cos can get some force without a hammer and the inwardly curved end keeps it on the pin head. Was fine with cork on MDF in OO. What is it called ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

That's what I mean by nailset. If you do use a hammer, it keeps it well away from the track.

Reply to
MartinS

"Nail punch".

Reply to
Greg Procter

Thats it ! thank you Greg,

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Any time you need a punch ... ;-)

Reply to
Greg Procter

Don't use nails. Use contact cement (impact glue) instead. A dab every four to six inches on the bottom of the sleepers, press in position to transfer some of the glue to the baseboard/track base, lift, wait for the glue to tack-dry, slide onto fishplates, press in position. Done. Easy to remove for reuse, too, just slide a long kitchen knife underneath the track.

HTH

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir