New Fotopic site - vintage railway images

Thought you might, Dennis Skinner is particularly good at getting is point across with humour.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Absolutely.

A very intelligent and highly principled man, absolutely loyal to his constituents and to the principles of the House of Commons. Ans as you say, with a magnigicent sense of humour which he used to best advantage. A pity there are so few MPs like him.

Reply to
Tony Polson

"Tony Polson" wrote

If MPs had real tallent they would be doing something more useful.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Oh, so cynical.

There are some very, very good MPs. I had the good fortune to work closely with some of them when I was a civil servant. They were certainly not tarred with the brush you would like them to be.

However, there still were (and are) too many who fited into the category you mention, and I had the misfortune to work with some of them too.

I have to say that Hull is particularly badly served by one very prominent MP. Your attitude may well be coloured by this individual. I am sure that I don't need to tell you to whom I refer. ;-)

Reply to
Tony Polson

"Tony Polson" wrote

Well it's not my MP, Alan Johnson that is!

I'm not saying any more, but I bet you're talking about the slob with more chins than Jaguar cars!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

No, I know Alan Johnson very well from my Post Office days. We were interviewed on TV together, and I had a number of meetings with him about the Post Office closure programme.

I'm not sure I could ever like him (slippery bugger!) but I respect him as a capable and very hard working Minister. I assume that he has no connection with Hull, but was given a safe Labour seat to help his rise to the top.

That leaves room for quite a large fleet of Jaguars. I just feel sorry for his wife. I pity anyone married to him, or involved with him in any way. Apparently he is a complete bar steward to work for.

Reply to
Tony Polson