Not an 08 (?)

I don't know if anyone else succeeded but I get a "can't find server" message for all three links.

Reply to
Keith W

Me too but after a bit of a Google I found

which connected but is very slow and links from it have timed out on me and I still can't find the OP links!

Reply to
Graham Harrison

That works. By the way, what's the time on your computer?

Reply to
Graham Harrison

Todays quiz.....

These two have truned up a Les Oaks' yard recently. I don't think the 08 is one, wrong cab, buffers etc - any offers?

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Oh bum....

Should be....

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

If it times out, trying again usually works. Good 'ole BT. That's why I use my "business" space for personal and a decent ISP for the business!

Links corrected (they are not part of the Soddingham site - yet).

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

12.33pm by the time I've pressed "send".

Any reason?

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Could be an ex Dutch railways Class 400?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

When I see the item in my OE/Windows Mail it says the time is 1333.

Reply to
Graham Harrison

Odd looking, not an NS but what else could it be?

Makers plates?

Reply to
Martin

Summer Time gone wonky?

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

None I could see, or any form of ID. The only "lettering" was some hand written ID's for the controls in the cab - none of the usual BR type plastic engraved type thinigies, possibly an indcation some sort of private use before it became static? The massive brackets outside the buffers must have had some funtion, which could be a Clue. The front doors on the nose look a bit after-market too, but the central headlight looks "original", or at least old.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Possibilities that come to mind are of an ex-industrial (ICI at Northwich had several '08' type shunters built for them in the 1950s) or an ex-WD type brought back from abroad. The WD employed many ex-LMS (or LMS-style) EE shunters throughout Europe and the Middle East, some of which have been in service with other operators until recent times. A railway near Arezzo (Tuscany), for example, was still using one of the jackshaft driven type when I visited about eight years ago (it was one of their newer locos!) Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

These two loco's look identical to the ones that were on display at Oswestry, outside the old Cambrian railway works. I suspect they have been removed from there. HTH.

Mark

Reply to
Scruff

Looks like the same loco's to me.