Parkside 16T mineral kit

Saw a couple of these kits at reasonable price so bought one to compare with Dapol kit. Can understand the price now. Although bodies good with fine detail the underframe is a nightmare. Partly cos bits fine but also plastic very tender for my clumsy hands. Bits break at the shock of being seperated from fret. Just hope paint will give them a bit more strength. Buffers and hooks - no chance, buffers just collapsed at my attempt to clear any flash - presume 3/4 buffer rare in real railways ? No transfers but romford wheels and axle bearings.

Took 3 times as long as dapol one to put together, mainly cos having to repair or replace bits of underframe. Oh and instructions make a good bookmark.

Is it just me ? Is it just this particular kit ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon