Ping Mike Smith: Goods and not so Goods

Mike

One criticism of your website: You don't appear to have a button that I can press to bring up a mail form pre-addressed to your good self, so that I can give you some updates.

This update concerns colour light signals.

The latest colour light signals to be seen around south-east London are still 4-aspect, but have two lenses, both a bit bigger than before and spaced wider apart than usual. However, these lenses contain LEDs, rather than containing incandescent lamps. The bottom of these two lenses shows red, yellow or green, and the top one shows yellow only. On the ends of the up platforms at Lewisham are examples of these signals with feathers on the top, that on platform 1 having 2 right-hand diverging routes and that on platform 3 having 2 left-hand. These new signals seem only to be installed when existing signals have to be replaced, as they don't occur everywhere (for example the down platforms at Lewisham have the old 4-lens colour lights).

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

My mistake - will ammend as time alows - Up to my elbows in work just at the moment (well since last September actually)

Many thanks John - Will sort that out a.s.a.p.

That mechanical banner repeater on the route in to Stockport has now been replaced by an LED type.

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike