Anyone using SW and ProE on the same product?????

I am trying to justify using SW at a place that has 750 ProE seats. I need to show some companies where SW and Pro are being used together. Thanks all.

Reply to
pixleys

why would you want to do that? I'd say that having everybody on the same platform (whatever it is, down to and including Acad 2d) would be better than having mixed platforms. Within on my experience, mixed platforms rapidly spirals into a nightmare.

Reply to
Michael

With that many seats, if you are a consultant, they may even let you have a seat of ProE while you are working for them. If you know ProE AND SW, then more power to you.

Reply to
haulin79

I did that some years ago. When I produced as much as the rest of the engineering department over a year they quickly switched.

In your case you would be painting a big bullseye on your back.

The PTC users would probably dislike it because it threatened their acquired knowledgebase. It would also threaten their salaries.

The PTC sales force would dislike it for obvious reasons and unless they have stopped immolating mere users for this kind of thing you would be in for a bumpy ride.

The IT dept would dislike it for obvious reasons (more work for them).

Every time a file couldn't be transfered you would have to take credit for it.

You might consider getting a VAR involved in pushing it. With a user base that large there are lots of things to consider and that is what VARs get paid to do.

Reply to
TOP

So...

You are trying to justify it, but need us to supply reasons? Doesn't sound like a good case.

Reply to
That70sTick

Get one involved? I can't imagine anyone but a VAR or high school kid initiating this thread.

Reply to
born skeptic

If you have questions on this, give me a call at 978-318-5213.

Reply to
JohnJeffriesJr

If you have questions on this, give me a call at 978-318-5213.

Reply to
JohnJeffriesJr

I can give you all the justification you need. Call me at 978-318-5213

Reply to
JohnJeffriesJr