Programming Trix locos

I tried programming a couple of trix locos with the trix 'mobile station' but could not make them work properly. Is there a way of returning the locos to 'default' status so that I can try again with another programmer? The locos are both 'this years models' so they have the dcc option built in.

Also on voltage I now note that the trix work at 18 volts while Bachman and Fleischmann work at 16 volts. Is this critical for operation or just a variation between types?

Any help appreciated as its all becoming a bit mystifying.

peter brown

Reply to
peter brown