Railway museum offers train fan Sam, six, from Leicester, a job

Leicester Mercury

Saturday 22nd August 2009

" He is a frequent user of the railways and runs his own electric model train track at home.

So when the position of National Railway Museum director became vacant, there was no doubt in Sam Pointon's mind that he was the man =96 or rather the boy =96 for the job. "

Dragon Heart

Saturday 22nd August 2009

" He is a frequent user of the railways and runs his own electric model train track at home.

So when the position of National Railway Museum director became vacant, there was no doubt in Sam Pointon's mind that he was the man ? or rather the boy ? for the job. "

A six year old who reads the situations vacant in the national broadsheets, and writing job applications.......... I was only reading the Dandy and Beano then.

Dobbin

Reply to
Dobbin

Every Tuesday and Thursday at 2d each.

Reply to
MartinS

Wow you were rich and clever - was only allowed one and not sure if could read aged 6

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

You could always look at the pictures - Korky the Cat, Biffo the Bear, Desperate Dan, Lord Snooty, Roger the Dodger, Minnie the Minx, etc.

When I was 12, my dad bought a newsagent's business; I could read all the comics I wanted the day before they were delivered to customers.

Reply to
MartinS

Korky The Cat...

How come we were never puzzled at the idea of a 5 foot cat coming out of his own (council?) house, and walking upright. I don't think his neighbours were surprised either. The were none were I lived.

Dobbin

Reply to
Dobbin

Suspension of disbelief, some use it to watch soaps, I use it to play trains in own happy world. :-)

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Same with Biffo.

Are you a horse?

Reply to
MartinS

I thought Muffin the Mule was a perversion until I discovered Smirnoff.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

The Beano is now =A32.99 ! ( but it does now have W & G )

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Muffin the Mule

Dragon Heart

Wallace and Gromit? When did they start that?

Reply to
James Goode