Re: Air pipes

How flexible are these pipes? I've just realised that on the prototype they are always pulled back at a tight angle to form a semi-circular shape rather than the 'straight down' shape all the pipes seem to be as purchased.

Many thanks, Just>

>Can anyone recommend some good durable air pipes suitable for diesel > >detailing please? I have been using Shawplan whitemetal ones but they keep > >snapping so easily! Any in soft plastic or maybe lost-wax brass? > > > I rather like the Shawplan pipes although as you say you have to > handle with care. For durable air pipes try Intercity models >
*NEW* ICA 30. Airbrake pipes, with LH tap. Pack of 4 cast brass loco, > coach and wagon pipes. (twin tap) - £1.75. I have these fitted to all > my class 60 and 67's. > > Nick >
JC

I find that the various pipes come out well by using old guitar strings cut to length. They are pretty durable, and if they break you just ask your nearest amature musician not to throw away his (or her, of course) old junk.

PhilD

Reply to
PhilD