re: ex- LMS Jackshaft Shunters

These were built first in 1939 to a Stanier design developing a previous jackshaft design. They were numbered 12003 - 32 in 1951 and remained so in 1960. At this time they were classified as D3/7 in the E & NER. In the LMS period they were grouped with all the similar diesel/Electric shunters. Hope this helps as I have no modern data.

Reply to
peter abraham

Thanks, that clears up a couple of points - Want a website cited in the contributors list?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Going slightly OT. I always think that the "big" LMS jackshaft drive shunters look ungainly. One of my favourite early shunter designs is the mid-30's 7069-7078 - the chassis and drivetrain being the forerunner of the "classic" BR shunter that finally evolved into the 08/09. They went for WD service during WW2 and 3 returned to LMS stock and later 12000-12002 in BR days. Even the GWR got in the act with a similar loco - no.2, later becoming 15100 in BR stock. If you want some basic details of much of British diesels and electrics (locos and MU's), checkout

I only mention these locos as I'm hoping to pick up my next Edge shunter kit for 15100 next week!!

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan