Re: The Greatest News Ever!

In message , Ron_Grossi snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com writes

http://www

This is spam - I've seen it in other groups.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Adam

The message from "Adam" contains these words:

Nah! I've finished building my Super D kit. The announcement was a little bit premature, however...

Reply to
David Jackson

Flippin' 'eck! Now that is great news.........................

Mick p.s. don't mention the 60............

Reply to
Mick Bryan

The message from "Mick Bryan" contains these words:

Yebbut you snipped the bit where I said that the announcement was premature... (Actually it's getting closer to completion - I'm fiddling with the handrails ATM)

I didn't. But now that you mention it...?

Reply to
David Jackson

Which kit? I know of at least two although one of them has recently been phased out.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Didn't you used to be John? :-)

Reply to
Rob

Some people are a little slow on the uptake...

Reply to
MartinS

Some were never told.....!

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

The message from "kim" contains these words:

N-gauge Graham Hughes whitemetal kit. LNWR 0-8-0 G2a (Super D). I started it years ago, but other things keep getting in the way (the gardening, the house, the wife, etc.). I did the "difficult" bit quite quickly: modifying the 8F chassis, including filing the magnet plates down to almost paper-thickness. Then I sort-of lost interest for a while, then assembled the loco body, then had another lapse, and so on. Meanwhile Mick Bryan keeps sending me photos of the loco kits he's completed... I'm going to turn up one Saturday at an exhibition where he's manning a "Shows you how" stand with some brass sheets and say "Your challenge is to produce a OO Class 40 body by Sunday evening".

And the annoying part is that he'll probably do it!

Reply to
David Jackson

In message , John Lancaster writes

I don't remember telling anybody. I just left it for people to work it out for themselves (we are all intelligent in this newsgroup, aren't we?), and for those who wanted to ignore it because it may not fit in with their outlook on life to do so.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Sod that, isn't it about time you got your website updated? By now you must have some pictures of stock running through that Helix.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Sunday evening?? More like Sunday morning and sit back and enjoy the view for the rest of the day!!!!

:-)

Mick p.s. Knowing how long it takes Dave to build a kit, it wouldn't surprise me that the kit was released when the G2's were new!!

Reply to
Mick Bryan

The message from "Mick Bryan" contains these words:

One of the parts has "1884" cast into it...

Reply to
David Jackson

In message , Chris Wilson writes

I've got a load of updates ready to go just as soon as I can figure out how to stop my firewall blocking messages coming in from the Demon ftp server. I have never blocked it, but I can only update my site if I turn off my firewall, which I am not happy to do.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

"Jane Sullivan" wrote

I can tell my firewall which applications can and cannot have access to the internet. I don't know which firewall you're using, there cannot suggest how you go about doing this.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , John Turner writes

McAfee Personal Firewall. I can tell my firewall all that as well, but somehow it's got a bee in its bonnet that I can send messages out to the ftp server but not receive them back in, even though I have told it that the ftp program can have full access, the ip:port combo is OK for two-way access, and I can't find anything in the blocked list that has anything to do with my ftp to demon. I'm totally mystified.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

ZoneAlarm's free and it works ;-)

Reply to
Chris Wilson

"Jane Sullivan" > wrote

I use the same firewall without this type of problem. All I can suggest is that you uninstall and then reinstall from the McAfee website, or even just try reinstalling the firewall without deleting the original installation. I've found that has worked in the past with similar applications.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Chris Wilson" wrote

Aye, but you generally get what you pay for. With a firewall it's essential that it is continually developed, and someone has to pay for that development.

I've used McAfee anti-virus software and personal firewall for almost five years and it has kept my computer clean throughout.

John.

Reply to
John Turner