Re: Triang Brush diesel - need advice

"Rob" wrote

I recently dug out my old Triang Brush diesel (R357) but I just cannot > get the thing to run smoothly. All the pickups have been thoroughly > cleaned (and the wheels polished) and the brushes have been replaced but > it still judders its way along the track. Anyone got any ideas? I was > thinking that maybe the problem lies with the motor magnet, it still > seems to have quite a bit of magnetism - although maybe it's not enough. > Would this affect the running? Or could it be something else?

Is it one of the early versions with deep wheel flanges? If so the flanges are maybe catching on the rail chairs on modern track, causing the wheels to momentarily lift from the rail thus losing continuity of electrical supply.

John.

Reply to
John Turner