RM digital subscription

Anyone got one?

Do you access it on line only or can you download and keep it locally?

What's the useability and quality like?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Hi I have one I down load it to the ipad every month and read it on the go. The quality is very good but will vary depeding on what you read it on. Just like reading the mag ad and all

Reply to
Steve

Do you know the mechanics of it?

Does it use jpegs? Flash?

It might sound a silly question but I'm trying to resolve problems in an on-line magazine archive that uses Flash.

Thanks

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

"Christopher A. Lee" wrote in >

I don't know whether it is relevant but it does not seem possible to archive complete copies on a PC, although individual pages can be saved as pdf files.

Having paid for a subscription, I would have thought I should be entitled to be able to access digital copies for ever and a day. I don't know whether copies archived on my iPad will be available if my subscription lapses. I suspect not, but I should be delighted to be advised to the contrary. I have all the annual archive CDs but Peco stopped producing these after the 2010 issue.

Sorry, I don't know about Flash.

Reply to
Riddles

Hence my question. Saving individual pages is a bit of a pain. Model Rail has been available for some time, to advertisers, as single page downloads instead of a complimentary copy.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Thanks, anyway.