Simons Hornby Missile Launcher

The post on the FCR Ruddington event and Simon's remark about a purchase got me thinking ...... why don't they still make 'action' sets. I had a post train with working mail vans but I can not think of any newer ones ?

Would they sell ?

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Best I've ever seen is the giraffe ducking as it approaches the bridge, watched that for ages.

cheers, simon

Reply to
simon

Istr that the Tri-ang Railway action toys were influenced heavily by the manufacturer Lionel in the United States who made a huge number of novelties in their O gauge range. Many are listed on this site mainly under the Boxcar and accessories sections. Not sure how formal a link it was between Lines Bros/ Tri-ang and Lionel but as they were serving different markets with different scales they were unlikely to be serious competitors so it may have just been a friendly agreement.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Course it would help if I actually posted it.

G.harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Thats it exactly - except as you say scale and presumably lettering :-) Really does look like magic as waiting to see if it will duck so dont notice operating levers.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Hornby do make the Codename Strike Force Train Set which has more play value than most of their other sets.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

"Fred X" wrote

That doesn't take a lot of doing; very few of their train sets have much play value. I can't think of anything worse (in that respect) than their IC125 & Pendolino sets.

Fixed formations trains on an oval layout are virtually guaranteed to destory any kids interest within a few minutes.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Hey, it was my 1979 Hornby HST train set that started me off on my model railway addiction, so don't knock that kind of set! :)

I know what you mean though, it's probably better to buy some kind of freight set with a few sidings in it, for a newbie.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

Especially with extra-long coaches on a 2nd radius oval.

OK, I use 2nd & 3rd radius because of space limitations, but at least my straights are longer than my trains and my longest coaches are pre-super detail Hornby Pullmans.

Reply to
MartinS

=A0

Only came out last month ? Not seen one in the shops yet

Reply to
Dragon Heart