Solid Fuel Tablets

Hi

I work in a hardware store and a regular customer as asked me if I can get hold of any "solid fuel blocks" for him, they appear to power some steam models, the kind I had as a kid, a captive engine that drives a little generator and things...

The blocks appear to be like firelighter type material but are only small perhaps 1"×1"?".

The gent cannot seem to buy these locally and I was wondering if anyone knew a mail order supplier I could point him to?

Many Thanks

Tom Burton

Tom Burton

I remember this stuff, which I think was called "Metafuel", though a Google search on the name now seems to produce nothing relevant.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Mawson

I used to use something similar for camping (warming up paraffin stoves) is this them:

A quick look around Google came up with 'Esbit' solid fuel tablets. Also you could try loooking up 'Hexamine' - solid fuel used in some camping stoves

Kevin Fisher

Reply to
NewNet News

There's a solid fuel tablet the Army use for the personal stoves. I think its eco-friendly too. Try thr camping/climbing shops or the Army surplus.

Reply to
Les Pickstock

Mamod Spares at

part MAM76

have them or any Mamod Steam Model dealer, but not a patch on the old liquid fuel units. Mike

Reply to
Mike Laine