Solid Fuel Tablets

Hi
I work in a hardware store and a regular customer as asked me if I can get hold of any "solid fuel blocks" for him, they appear to power some steam
models, the kind I had as a kid, a captive engine that drives a little generator and things...
The blocks appear to be like firelighter type material but are only small perhaps 1"1"׽".
The gent cannot seem to buy these locally and I was wondering if anyone knew a mail order supplier I could point him to?
Many Thanks
Tom Burton www.class60.net www.bonelogger.co.uk

knew
I remember this stuff, which I think was called "Metafuel", though a Google search on the name now seems to produce nothing relevant.
Stephen
I used to use something similar for camping (warming up paraffin stoves) is this them:
A quick look around Google came up with 'Esbit' solid fuel tablets. Also you could try loooking up 'Hexamine' - solid fuel used in some camping stoves
http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/ishop/877/shopscr1708.html
Kevin Fisher

knew

knew
There's a solid fuel tablet the Army use for the personal stoves. I think its eco-friendly too. Try thr camping/climbing shops or the Army surplus.

Mamod Spares at
http://www.bullnet.co.uk/shops/test/steam_.htm
part MAM76
have them or any Mamod Steam Model dealer, but not a patch on the old liquid fuel units. Mike

Site Timeline

  • - the site's newest thread. Posted in