Spray Painting Booths or Enclosures for models / airbrushes?

I recall an regular ad for such an enclosure, but although I've searched back through many issues of RM MR BRM and CM, I can't find it.

I want to find out the sizes etc to plan the hole in the wall position in some imminent building...but can I now fond the ad?..no

And web searches so far havn't helped using various of air spray painting model booth enclosure etc

Can anyone else point in the right direction, or have experience of using them.

thanks Phil

Reply to
Phil

I'd be interested to hear where modelers here do their spray-painting. The options I have are all with their problems... Most of my modelling is done in the bedroom or dining room - spray paint on the duvet of dining table would probably result in divorce. My layout is in the loft, where there is no ventilation and excess spray could end up on the layout. The only other options are the garage - full of bikes and very dusty, or outside where the risk of contamination is too high.

Do people use spray booths to contain the spray? Anyone got photos of their set-ups?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

"Adrian" wrote

In the shop kitchen (it's well ventilated and has an outside door) with the model been sprayed inside a cardboard box which I sling after it has served its purpose.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I have incorperated a spray booth in my shed ( 4' x 6') at head hight above my desk, I have fitted the shed with 2 solar powered fans for ventilation and fume extraction for spaying and soldering, the spray booth is big enough to swing a

7mm class 40 around on my turntable, i fix an old sheet under the booth to protect my work bench.

Ian Gearing

Reply to
Herman613B

Nice piece of kit that, but at £564?? Ker-ching!!!

Reply to
Robert Wilson

On 08 Sep, snipped-for-privacy@fillin.co.uk wrote: .........

Phil: I've found the ad: Widespread Solutions Ltd (not obvious!) at

air filtration airbrushes and compressors etc

Reply to
Phil

I also had a look and found this ->

Robert Wils> Phil wrote:

Reply to
Robert Wilson

Hello,

Look at their 'Special Offers' There is one there for £249. Still in my view a lot of money.

Dan

Robert Wils>

Reply to
Dan Glading

Reply to
Rich

So use a cooker hood when B&Q have them on special. Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

try precision phoenix paints £219.95 spray booth

01242 575326

-- Steve & Rose

s9021.kell