SR prototypical snippet

From the Railway Observer, October 1947 comes the following interesting piece of prototype train information.

With the bringing into use of a new 65ft. turntable at Padstow, "West Country" 4-6-2's now have daily workings over the North Cornwall line. One works the 5.31am Exeter Central-Launceston, a curious train whose formation leaving Okehampton is normally 2 corridor coaches, one or two vans, a dozen or so goods wagons and a goods brake!

Now thats a nice train to model, :)

Reply to
estarriol

interesting

I thought the turntable at Padstow was 70ft. not 65; but I could be wrong - i'd best make sure before I get round to modelling it;-). That does sound like an interesting train to model; another one I've never seen a photo of is the first working from Wadebridge to Pastow in the mornings, which was a Bulleid pacific piloted by a 57xx pannier ( presumably 4666). anyone ever seen a photo of this?

Reply to
airsmoothed