Code Snippet Archives

Hi All,

I've been spending some time organizing all the API code snippets I've collected over the years into Gary Beene's free gbCodeLib. This is a utility that allows you to organize VB and VBA snippets for easier usage. You can download it at

My snippet collection is extensive and I'm currently having an issue about identification of the author's of some of these snippets. About half of the snippets I have, I can identify the author. Unfortunately a lot of them have no information whatsoever in them as to whom the author might be.

I was going to make my snippet depository available to all, but if I can't identify what belongs to whom then I really don't feel that this is appropriate.

So, I guess this is a plea to all those out there who have made code snippets available. Please make certain and give yourself credit in the first lines of the snippet. Don't sell yourself short. You deserve the credit!

Thanks!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dubea

That's very noble, I applaud you on one hand. On the other hand, if you got the snippet from a public domain source/method then the point is moot, isn't it?

Make it all available (or at least as much as your conscience will allow) I have found nothing better than actual code to see how to do things when trying to program using API calls. (yup, sounds like I'm begging for free code)

Moe & the boys

Reply to
Moe_Larry_Curly

Wow. Ive used a similar util before that was available for Acad API code. and it was handy, *especially* if using VBA.

I saw the 'default' library; but didnt see any SW API related files (SWCode.txt, SWKeywords.txt, etc)

If you are just getting started on this project, I'll volunteer my time - and my code archives.

Reply to
rocheey

If you post your snippets label them with authors and if the author is unknown label it as such. Besides I don't know how many people can actually lay claim to anything that has been publicly posted since names can certainly be erased or replaced. There is no real way of protecting yourself in this regard. I don't know if you would want to deal with people who read it and claim that it is their original code.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

[tongue-in-cheek-mode ON]

There is actually only ONE original code snippet of VB code ever made: It was a "hello world" program written by Mark Zbikowski using PCBasic under an 8088. Everything else is just a permuation of his original work.

[tongue-in-cheek-mode OFF]
Reply to
rocheey

This is a good idea. I'm about halfway through checking all my code in. Gary Beene has been very helpful and has provided feedback. I'll keep everyone appraised as to the progress.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dubea