Talking of figures...

Does anyone know if the Airfix Civilans set is still available in some form
or other? My only problem with these is that the shoes are rahter indistinct
which makes it difficult to remove them from their bases. I've seen the
Dapol box but it would be nice to have a bit more variety.
(kim)
Reply to
kim
"kim" wrote in news:di9g8l$dr0$ snipped-for-privacy@domitilla.aioe.org:
Isn't the Dapol set simply the old Airfix one (but done in slightly harder plastic)?
Reply to
Chris Wilson
No, the Dapol set is "railway figures" with a few passengers. The Airfix set was much bigger and didn't include railway staff.
(kim)
Reply to
kim
And did include a rather nice scooter as well - The farm animals set was handy and for 'victorian' era layouts the Cowboys set was a useful source of bodies, the women wearing suitably long skirts. I picked up a box of civilians in a model shop in San Jose (USA) in the early eighties, never seen one since, havent seen the farm animals since the 1960s and the cowboys seem to have gone in the mid 1970s If anyone knows where the moulds went might be worth dropping a line, the original Airfix 'modern British infantry' set was in production a year or so back with about a third of the figures missing (can't remember the make but it was new to me at the time).
Reply to
Mike
According to the Dapol website, they do C002 Railway Workmen and C008 Platform Figures, both priced at £4.89.
Martyn
Reply to
M Roberts

Site Timeline