Totally OT - cameral advice

It's a good "point n shoot" cheap camera, but in my opinion it falls down in a few areas. First, it's about the same size as an SLR - ie, annoyingly large. Second, it has a *weird* sensor where the pixels are arranged hexagonally instea dof in a square grid, which can lead to odd effects on straight lines in your pictures. And finally (and probably related to the second point) you can get odd colour artifacts in areas of high contrast.

Other than that though, it's not so bad, and I happily used one myself for some time.

Reply to
David Cantrell

"Trev" wrote

I think you're confusing the D30 with the 30D.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I think that the price shown is not far off what you would pay for a 30D - it's rather less than I paid for mine, but that's technology for you.

I don't think that you could buy a **new** D30 anywhere.

Reply to
<trains

wrote

Yes I understand that, having one of each in my camera bag - I'm not quite sure that the OP did though.

John.

Reply to
John Turner