Triang Big Big Trains Hymek

Does anyone within the group know who supplies the after market parts for modifying the Triang Big Big Trains 0 gauge Hymek, ie windows, motor bogies, etc. or is there anyone with these parts for sale?

TIA

Brian

Reply to
Brian Miller

"Brian Miller" wrote

It's so long since this model was generally available that in all probability there are no after-market parts available specifically aimed at this model. Very much a matter of get on with it and do it yourself I'm afraid.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Flushglaze Windows for the Hymek are still listed by South Eastern Finecast as item SE32 and save a great deal of fiddling around. Details are at:-

Dave W.

Reply to
David Westerman

Thank you both for the information, windows ordered and now pondering the next move!!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Miller

Ah marvellous.... thats how it all started for me! red plastic track, endless HP2s blue loco and two coahes and loads of fun :-) Still got it back at mum & dads. Got a spare motor for it somewhere.

Reply to
Mike

It has always puzzled me as to why there doesnt seem to be a market (or at least a manufacturer supplying the market) with ready-to-run O guage. I know that Bachmann do Brass unpainted stuff, but its very expensive - surely plastic would be much cheaper and more deisrable if given a good paint job at the factory?

Reply to
John Ruddy

I read in a Railway Modeller from the 1970s about a garden layout made of Big Big Train kit - it was a quarry railway, featuring two of the shunters. From the photos, it looked pretty good, and of course, the kit was almost entirely weatherproof, plastic track and all. The builder had given it a good paint job, dipping it all in brown paint before painting the rails silver. Really not bad at all, if you don't mind the operating limitations of battery operation, and the not-particularly-great detail on the locos. Of course, radio control and some hand detailing can overcome this, and add to all the fun.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Osborne

Have found that RJH and Wagon & Carriage supply the necessary upgrade parts, not sure if RJH are still in business(?) but the W & C parts are available from Home of 0 Gauge. It is strange that there is no manufacturer of an 0 gauge kit for this loco considerering the following that the WR hydraulics had.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Miller