What are Vintage 1950 Fleischmann HO trains worth?

I recently moved into an retirement home. During the move I found my Fleischmann trains I had purchased in Germany fifty years ago. I used these for the years I was in Germany and a few after. They all run when I put them in storage. I had not tested them so not sure they work but they appear is same condition as when last used them. There are: -A German passenger train with a steam locomotive and four cars -A German freight train with a steam locomotive; three box cars; and caboose -A diesel locomotive -About 100 pieces of track ---with a fourth being double track -A transformer; a few buildings and trees; couple HO scales automobiles

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who can tell me about their worth. And to market if worth enough to bother.

Thanks- snipped-for-privacy@ntelos.net

Reply to
fleet

Hello Fleet,

There are three ways to look at your models:

- as collectors items. (the people who put models in glass cases)

- as models.

- as toys.

There are not a lot of Fleischmann collectors, and generally a lot of models still existing, so prices are low. There are a few models that collectors particularly want, generally low production models like Swedish railcars, some US outline models and Italian Loks. Collectors generally want mint, boxed items.

As models, the early Fleischmann were to 1:82 scale (until 1964) and

1:85 scale (until 1975) and so don't sit well with modern 1:87 scale. Those years are introduction dates and existing models continued to be produced for as long as 40 more years) Calculate value at half price, but much less to anyone reselling.

The early Fleischmann track (tinplate rails) didn't match international standards. Next came brass rails to international standards but brass rail isn't popular. More recently came the "Profi" track with rubberlike ballast which will only interest specific users of that system.

As toys old Fleischmann is excellent in being so robust, but the selling price is that of used toys.

Sorry the news isn't better.

Regards, Greg.P. Fleischmann collector.

Reply to
Greg Procter

replying to Greg Procter, fcatkin2 wrote: to Greg P. fleischmann collector Do you have any interest in early 1950's Fleischmann trains, including 5X8 layout which is a replica of a German town.? All in good condition.

Reply to
fcatkin2