Which Hornby Motor?

Through my own stupidity, I've managed to burn out the motor on a Hornby

2721 class Pannier Tank. Ironically, this was previously a good runner, and I would like to repair it for service on my sons new layout. Problem is, I'm having trouble identifying the motor in the Modelspares and East Kent Models lists in Railway Modeller. The engine was part of a set dated 1997 and the chassis has "Made in Great Britain" on the underside. There is nothing I can read written on the motor itself, but there is a plastic shroud which carries a pickup and connectors, this has L7754 written on it. If a more recent motor from the Chinese equivalent will fit then that's fine, I've not much experience of recent Hornby product to know what interchanges are possible. Cheers, Bill.

PS Anyone care to suggest the most appropriate chip to get this one working with a Bachmann E-Z Command system? Have you worked out what killed the original motor yet :-)

Reply to
Bill Davies

G'day Bill, I think the Part Number you are looking for is X8202. This is the Motor that was used in the 0-6-0 Locomotives in 1997. I hope this helps you. Thank You Graeme Hearn, P.O. Box 20, Yerong Creek, New South Wales, 2642, Australia. Phone: 61 2 69 203 726 Email: snipped-for-privacy@bigpond.com Webpage:

Graeme Hearn

Hi Graham, Many thanks for the reply. That particular motor isn't identified by number in the lists published in RM, so I'll have to speak to the suppliers after the holidays. Cheers, Bill.

Reply to
Bill Davies

G'day again Bill, If you have problems getting it from Hornby Send me a photo and I will see if I have one in stock.

Reply to
Graeme Hearn

Have you tried this site? I've no connection other than as a satified customer.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

Thank you very much, a company I've not encountered before, Cheers, Bill.

Reply to
Bill Davies

Hi Bill - just wondering if you see this, could you please email me direct regarding the Stirling Single parts -I tried your email link which appears to be dead.

Cheers

Steve

Reply to
mindesign