White Metal

"Ed Callaghan" wrote

After a lot of effort I found one solitary chemist in Hull which was willing to order a bottle for me. All I can suggest is that you try all of the pharmacists in you area, and if they don't stock it then ask if they'll order it for you.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I'm pretty certain that I got mine from Superdrug.

John Isherwood.

Reply to
cctransuk

In message , Ed Callaghan writes

I got mine from Boots prescription counter in the branch where I get all my medicines. They asked me what I wanted it for, so I told them. It helps if they know you.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Keep trying. You may find the smaller independents are more flexible in what they are prepared to order for you.

When you find one that is helpful in ordering the wierd stuff, put your regular business there way as well, otherwise they will be priced out by a supermarket pharmacy !

- Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Cliffe

Ed,

Try electronic equipment and component suppliers - IPA is one of the standard cleaners in the electronics industry and you get it in tins, bottles or aerosols.

Try

and put 'isopropyl' in their search engine.

Or do the same in

and so on.

Any electronics dealer worth their salt carries IPA.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

I think that was me:( I have a bottle bought from Specsavers about a year ago and it is definitely IPA. I shall throw a tantrum if I can't replace it soon.

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes

Ken Parkes said the following on 03/10/2005 21:09:

If all else fails, you can buy it from Farnell at

Search for "alcohol", and it comes in tins or sprays of various sizes. The catch is that there is a minimum order value of I think £20 for credit/debit card orders.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

If you use the consumer branch of Farnell, there's no minimum order

Reply to
Matthew Sylvester

">

Maplin also sell IPA.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Farnell and Maplins noted...thanks.

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes

99% Isopropanol (IPA) is available on open shelves in Canadian drugstores. It makes a good mild solvent that doesn't harm most plastics. A watered- down version (70%?) is sold as Rubbing Alcohol.
Reply to
MartinS