Yard lighting

Hi all,
I'm building a new layout for exhibition circuit and need some yard
lighting, but no matter how many sites I come across, I can only find poor
images of the Eckon\Birko range. Can anyone suggest any other ranges with
pictures online? Its for OO gauge.
pictures of the "yard" so far at

Best Wishes
Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.
"Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept."
No idea on lighting, I'm afraid, Andy, though I would suggest that Oakamoor would have the sort of yard lamp on glorified telegraph poles , rather than the high lattice tower sort. I must watch out for your progress on this one- don't forget to have a model of 24 081, which was the branch engine for weeks at a time just before it's withdrawal. Also, a couple of Wrenn Banana Vans as the 'fitted head' Brian
Reply to
BH Williams
Hi Andy
Nothing wrong with the Eckon lights, see
I've got mine connected to an old H&M Duette controller (on the controllable outputs) so that I can have them dimmed - more like the prototype methinks.
HTH
Dave
Reply to
Dave Potter
"Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept."
Dunno about online pictures, but try and search out the "Patronics" range of lamps - and reasonably priced too!
Cheers, Mick
Reply to
Mick Bryan
Thanks to all on this one,
Maybe the Eckon lights will suffice, but I remember (although you are correct that many are of this type) there is what I would call a T or Y shaped lamp, any suggestions on this anyone?
Brian, I will keep you posted. The new time table is out, would you like a copy sending?
Hmm, a Class 24 ? I was going for a 25, 20 and 37 for the blue period.. I never thought of a 24... Thanks! (although I can only fit one at a time in the loop.)
Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.
"Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept."
Yes please, Andy.. Brian
Reply to
BH Williams
Express models have pics online, me I'd just visit Ron in the bunker...
Reply to
Badger