Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hey Ernie: road trip??
--Just curious if you're coming down this way for the holidays; I could probably scare up enough folks for a class. I've set up a seperate space for all the welding equipment so it's not as crammed up...
13
13

MAPP + O2?
Figured I needed to see if anyone still read this NG! My O/A rig was not getting much use, then my gas supplier changed the lease terms, made it MUCH more expensive per month, I sent the tanks back....
17
17

"Blue Back Rouge Paper"
Good afternoon, My father (he is 90) has asked if I Know of where he can get hold of some. Some of his steel tools are showing signs of rust (its probably me I've got rust fingers!). he tells me he...
6
6

SA 200 F 163 Continental rebuild
My SA200 is leaking oil from front and rear seals. Will probably put an additive in there, but am not expecting a lot. Has anyone rebuilt one of these four bangers? Doesn't look like anything...
9
9

No details yet on what failed, but here's another deadly trailer accident
By NORTH KITSAP HERALD Nov 20 2010, 8:34 PM · UPDATED SUQUAMISH ? A driver was killed on Suquamish Way Saturday evening after the driver's SUV was struck by a boat and trailer that separated from a...
12
12

Brand names
Hypertherm, Thermal Dynamics, are they the same company. Who has the best plasma cutter for mostly 1/2" max. thickness steel, but rarely that, and more commonly 1/4" and 3/8" and a lot of thin stuff...
8
8

marking-out steels and oxy-acet torch set-up - good?
Hi everyone Following discussion in thread "Another simple weld that worked.", posted up a web-page showing techniques I know for fabricating in steel - marking-out accurately using a soapstone -...
8
8

Ohio University Sourthern Campus
Ohio University Sourthern Campus Ohio University Southern Campus is located in Ironton, Ohio and is a four-year public university that offers both Associate's and Bachelor's degrees. For those...

Old Max Arc Tig Set
Hi, Does anyone have any knowledge about how to set up the tig unit, HF unit and Ac/DC converter on one of the old MAX ARC welder sets please Thanks Paddy
12
12

Old OA equipment
I've recently been given some old BOC OA kit which includes an oxygen multi-stage regulator and resettable flashback arrestor and an acetylene multi-stage regulator and resettable flashback arrestor,...
2
2

Another simple weld that worked.
I was helping my dad load a piece of a equipment on my little flatbed trailer to haul home today. We decided it would be nice to have a loop right in the middle at the back to put a tie strap on. It...
43
43

Thank you!
I did bend some tungsten the old fashoned way- I lit off, formed a good puddle on a stout chunk of scrap, then used my Leatherman to put a slight bend in the red-hot tungsten. It worked like a charm!...
2
2

GTA welding- Can a tungsten be bent?
I've been doing a bunch of tig welds on OS and HS steel using a standard tig torch with a number 7 cup. The torch is a solid back, no way to use a long tungsten. These welds are in tight spots which...
5
5

Does anyone actually own a pig roaster
If you own a pig roaster or know someone who does, then I just have a couple of questions. 1) how often is it actually used and 2) Just how much of a hassle is it -- how long it takes from start to...
10
10

have Lincoln Bullet - what rods, techniques?
Hi everyone At last have got hands on a Lincoln Bullet. Reckon is 500A version. What rods should I be getting? I believe Lincoln 5P is where you really see where it's at with an inherently DC welding...
7
7