Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Slate for a welding table???
How well would slate work for the surface of my welding table. I have a couple of 4' X 4' X 1" pieces I would like to try but I dont know how slate would react. If I cant use them for this I am going...
3
3

Re: Homemade TIG improvements
If you go to you'll see at least some idea of what you're looking for. I've been considering the same thing for a while, but haven't gotten any further than collecting the oil burner ignition...

Breaking down for MIG Gun
Tomorrow, I am going to get a 10' mig gun to try to learn welding aluminum with my Millermatic 200. I have no idea what sizes of aluminum that I will wind up welding but I would like to get some sort...
8
8

Concrete floor modifications
Anyone here have any suggestions for inserts in a concrete floor? I am planning to recap the floor in my shop and would like to here ideas from others who weld. What types of inserts do you recommend?...
7
7

Re: Overhead
you might consider a leather welding jacket really saves on the coveralls and clothing
1
1

Re: aluimunim mig "Q"
no the machine does not have any of the options, so i believe you have to buy the option timer in order to do normal welding, more money to spend to get the welder to perform, a creative way to make...

Re: Newbie Welding help ( UK )
Try is a good sized machine if you can get it going. Check the voltage requirements - many of that size are 440V 3 phase. Some can be wired to 240V with a lower current rating. Geoff

UNITOR,MOD.# UWI-350MP inverter by lincoln electric any info?
Hello group I'm another lurker here and although I don't say much I read almost everything you guys write and have come to the conclusion that there are some very knowledgeable welders here. Thanks...
1
1

Re: Need plans for Rattlesnake-proof fence!!
Maybe you should get a mongoose as a pet -- might be cheaper than installing a snake-proof fence. -- you can contact me via
2
2

Newbie mistakes and lessons learned list
Here's a list of things that have happened to me and things that I learned since I started welding about 4-6 weeks ago. 1) Burnt my arm on a hot piece of metal 2) Burned my fingers on a hot piece of...
5
5

hacksaw wandering
hi there, was cutting some 1"x2" box section for my boat trailer with a hacksaw. out of the 6 pieces (12 cuts) i cut today only 1 came out straight. any pointers on what i am doing wrong?What blade...
8
8

welding safety - ventilation
I've noticed that every time I do any significant mount of welding, my sinuses object violently. I also end up with a lot of black stuff in my nose. This is mainly TIG welding and I trie to avoid...
11
11

Re: miraculous escapes
Have had lots of "miraculous escapes". Every one of them started off by me doing something dumb.
3
3

Re: ThermalArc 180 AC/DC TIG inverter welder
I have got it fixed and got it back now and it's working ok again. I was using it yesterday and forgot to put the earth clamp on, so there was no weld current and I thought it had packed up again.
1
1

Wanted:
Looking for short mig gun, tig welder and/or spoolgun. All can be non-working. Thanks