Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: aluimunim mig "Q"
no the machine does not have any of the options, so i believe you have to buy the option timer in order to do normal welding, more money to spend to get the welder to perform, a creative way to make...

Re: Newbie Welding help ( UK )
Try is a good sized machine if you can get it going. Check the voltage requirements - many of that size are 440V 3 phase. Some can be wired to 240V with a lower current rating. Geoff

UNITOR,MOD.# UWI-350MP inverter by lincoln electric any info?
Hello group I'm another lurker here and although I don't say much I read almost everything you guys write and have come to the conclusion that there are some very knowledgeable welders here. Thanks...
1
1

Re: Need plans for Rattlesnake-proof fence!!
Maybe you should get a mongoose as a pet -- might be cheaper than installing a snake-proof fence. -- you can contact me via
2
2

Newbie mistakes and lessons learned list
Here's a list of things that have happened to me and things that I learned since I started welding about 4-6 weeks ago. 1) Burnt my arm on a hot piece of metal 2) Burned my fingers on a hot piece of...
5
5

hacksaw wandering
hi there, was cutting some 1"x2" box section for my boat trailer with a hacksaw. out of the 6 pieces (12 cuts) i cut today only 1 came out straight. any pointers on what i am doing wrong?What blade...
8
8

welding safety - ventilation
I've noticed that every time I do any significant mount of welding, my sinuses object violently. I also end up with a lot of black stuff in my nose. This is mainly TIG welding and I trie to avoid...
11
11

Re: miraculous escapes
Have had lots of "miraculous escapes". Every one of them started off by me doing something dumb.
3
3

Re: ThermalArc 180 AC/DC TIG inverter welder
I have got it fixed and got it back now and it's working ok again. I was using it yesterday and forgot to put the earth clamp on, so there was no weld current and I thought it had packed up again.
1
1

Wanted:
Looking for short mig gun, tig welder and/or spoolgun. All can be non-working. Thanks

Heli-Arc attachment for Stick Welder
Hi All, I am a long time lurker in this group with a possibly odd connection. I picked up a Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC Arc welder at a flea market. It came with a heli-arc setup that has the hose,...
1
1

Re: welding aluminum tubing
insulation to keep the heat in. are you trying to make a 3/8" deep weld? may be hard to do with only 200A and rather large heat sink. you should be able to get enough puddle to join the tube though......
1
1

Re: Ready Welder... a comment from an Ebay purchaser
Could you maybe put either an O-ring or a felt/leather/rubber pad under the knob to add a bit of friction and keep it from changing so easily? Best Regards, Keith Marshall "The universe is full of...
4
4

Re: 5mm or 2.5mm cutting grinder discs?
i bought a narrow one and found out one the reason for the wide size: my grinder cant hold the narrow one tight enough. i measured the discs accurately with a ruler and found they are actually...
2
2

Re: Miller births another Inverter TIG the Maxstar 150
Ya Know I haven't tried really dialing it in on thin sheet metal. I have been welding lots of 1/8", 3/16" and 1/4" steel with it. I picked up a spool of 0.023" wire for it. I'll try fiddling with it,...
1
1