hair being lost

i have learned how to 'nod the helmet' which is helping me get my work done faster.

the problem is that most of the time each nod is accompanied by a sharp pain as one of my hairs is pulled out of my head by the helmet pivot.

any advice on this?

thanks, Sam

Reply to
Sam

Get a haircut! Sorry but I couldn't resist. You might try putting a small piece of masking tape over the suspected locations until you pinpoint it. You might then be able to modify the area. I wear a beany but in my case it wouldn't make any difference. It's just that a burn directly on my scalp has gotten my attention too many times. Randy

the problem is that most of the time each nod is accompanied by a sharp pain as one of my hairs is pulled out of my head by the helmet pivot.

any advice on this?

thanks, Sam

Reply to
R. Zimmerman

Need to wear a welding cap.it helps alot.

Reply to
Jess Poling

Get an auto-darkening helmet.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

Wig?

Cass

Reply to
Cass

I second Ted's advice, save your neck the abuse it gets by nodding. I wish they were available back when I started welding, now I deal with a _real_ pain in the neck, no pun intended....... The cost of a ADH is peanuts compared to neck pains later. ;>( Phil

-- Try to remove the yooper in me to reply.

me get my work

Reply to
Phil Kangas

The problem goes away as you go bald. Trust me

Reply to
Barry Lennox

I too had neck pain years ago I attributed to welding. I had hurt my back and went to a chiropractor and while he was xraying, I told him of the pains in my neck. Come to find out, my neck was 1 1/4" too far forward. After about 7 adjustments, my pain went away and now the only pain I have is the people I work for. Something to maybe to look into.

Reply to
Jess Poling