Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

UK users of disposable gas cylinders
I dont know if there's any UK users on here, but I would be interested to know what you do with discarded single use gas cylinders - the small ones which you buy in places like Machine Mart ... The...
4
4

How to Choose the Right Welding Helmet
How do you know which helmet is right for you? Learn more about your options to help you make your choice!

Need advice for new Welder.
Hello Nice to be here. I am very new to welding. Got everything set up today and tried out the machine on some 3mm angle. I’ve never welded before. I just start with the manufacturer’s recommended...
1
1

Getting More First Minutes Out of A Flap Disc
Yesterday I found myself cleaning up a bit of square tube in preparation for welding and later paint. It was outside, but in SW Arizona, that just means it has developed a small amount of protective...
23
23

50 Amp receptacle in barn with 50 Amp 240 Service?
Gentlemen, I have a barn with 50 amp 240 service. It now basically has lights and 120 outlets. Is it OK to add a 50 amp receptacle for a welder with the idea that I won't run the welder at full power?...
28
28

Ali-GMAW property loss high currents?
Hi there. Ali Pulse GMAW... I'm trying to interpret. I tried fairly identical fillet welds on 6mm (1/4inch) extruded 6082 (Al-Mg-Si) at 230A and "+9" on trim (as hot as it will adjust) - reporting...

Pushing my Luck
When I setup my shop I never figured it would be so full. It was just supposed to be a warehouse for my contracting business. I never planned on it being a machine shop or that I would actually learn...
14
14

Bob - spool-gun GMAW Al?
Bob LaLonde - sorry lost your article / posting You are using GTAW / TIG? You could go for GMAW / MIG? You'd need 200-and-something Amps and mid-20's volts (* 240 25) ;; 6000 ;; about 6kW at the arc...

Helium Loss
I've got a lot of 6061 scrap 1/2 inch thick and larger. I make a fair amount of shop parts out of the scrap. The tool racks on three of my machines are the "good" side up of lots of 1/2 inch scrap as...
5
5

50 Amp receptacle in barn with 50 Amp 240 Service?
Gentlemen, I have a barn with 50 amp 240 service. It now basically has lights and 120 outlets. Is it OK to add a 50 amp receptacle for a welder with the idea that I won't run the welder at full power?...

non-welding question - Cornish beam engines
Hi I've posted a question about Cornish beam engines on Should that be of interest to anyone... Rich Smith
8
8

Weldanpower 16 horse Briggs and Stratton
Looking 30 over piston for a 16 horse Briggs IC engine or a block
1
1

Friendly help
Hello sir sorry boddering you i need "Solution manual theory of plasticity (3rd Ed. J. Chakrabarty) please send me pdf file

Weldanpower 16 horse Briggs and Stratton
Looking 30 over piston for a 16 horse Briggs IC engine or a block

Pulse GMAW Ali thicker plate
Hi there Having a difficult time with Pulse-GMAW of Ali in greater thicknesses. Compared to previous happy times where after a very few days I'm considered the master of the job. Do not have yet a...
11
11