auto darkening helmets

Hi there
I dont know how many people on here are from the UK, but if you are you
may like to know that Lidl are selling a very cheap auto darkening helmet.
It's their own "Parkside" brand and it retails at £25.
Even if they are no good as your main helmet, then it might be good as a
backup or for tuition purposes.
Costs nothing to look ....
Reply to
Abandoned_Trolley
I am in the UK. I have no idea how good or not good they are. You can have a surprise either way.
I work commercially and use what many rate as the best. Because you can have it on for 8 to 12 hours a day.
Rich Smith
Reply to
Richard Smith
I bought the best I could afford ... just because I'm a "hobbyist" doesn't mean I need to skimp where my sight is concerned .
Reply to
Snag
Apologies for the unintended potential interpretation. Those air-feds are very expensive. But when you are sliding around on your back in a tiny space welding overhead in the near-darkness you realise the finer points of the design.
I got from Aldi or Lidl a bench drilling machine for GBP30 (less than an "electric drill") and you could feel play in the quill - but for what my friend was doing it was fantastic and a blessing. She could drill in less than two seconds what had always been a bit of work with a hand-held drill. That was what I was thinking of...
Reply to
Richard Smith
I didn't mean anything but that I too value quality equipment ... were I a professional weldor , I would have spent a lot more than a hundred fifty bucks for a helmet . But for the 4 or 5 times a month I use it it's just fine .
Reply to
Snag