Advice on Hobart 700i plasma cutter

The Hobart 700i is listed for about $1500 on Amazon. Based on the ratings for cut thickness, this Hobart machine is in the same range as the Miller
Spectrum 875, which lists for just over $2,500. Is the Miller machine worth the extra cost? I am just a hobby welder, tired of paying for acetylene bottles.
Any advice is appreciated.

Don't buy anything but HyperTherm. And what are you using so much acetylene for? If you are using that much, you should be making money off it some way.
Steve

That is my opinion too. I do not own a plasma cutter, but I was an electrician working in a shop that had a Hypertherm. When I was given the job of fixing it, even though I had never before seen a plasma cutter, Hypertherm tech support walked me through the problem.
I was hailed as a hero. If I ever buy a plasma cutter with my own money, you can be sure it will be a Hypertherm.

My little Hypertherm 380 http://www.hypermax.org/Specs%20380.htm is a useful tool to have. Compressor for it http://www.weldsmith.co.uk/tech/air_compressor/my_compressor.html will keep up with it for - long cuts fine.
Practicing welding pipe weld then cutting through weld to re-prep, going through 11mm to 12mm of the weld cap to pen-bead without any fuss as I perceived. Realistically - romping along up to 6mm.
Thanks all for this advice. The consensus is definitely HyperTherm.
--- Bart Killam