Hobart 4030D Mega-Arc

Guys,
I have a chance to bid on a Hobart 4030D Mega-Arc? diesel welder
that is up for auction at work. It has about 3165 hours on it. No
cables or clamps are included. The guys that have welded with it say
it is an okay machine but it wasn't one of their favorites. It is
being sold as surplus. I would use it at the ranch to build pipe
corrals, fix windmill towers and occasionally repair farm equipment.
They say it would be fine for that. Anybody want to venture a guess
as to what it might be worth? I suspect somebody will walk away with
it for between $250 and $1000. Is it an okay machine for my mission
or should I just save up some more and go get a new $3,000 Miller
Bobcat or something? I really don't want to tie up a lot of money in
something that I won't use very often.
Reply to
JJS
The Mega-Arc 4030 D is an excellent welding machine , being a Diesel with 3100 hrs tells you that its not even broke in yet. The only drawback is that it doesnt supply the alot of power to run power tools and extras. Good luck
> Guys, > I have a chance to bid on a Hobart 4030D Mega-Arc? diesel welder > that is up for auction at work. It has about 3165 hours on it. No > cables or clamps are included. The guys that have welded with it say > it is an okay machine but it wasn't one of their favorites. It is > being sold as surplus. I would use it at the ranch to build pipe > corrals, fix windmill towers and occasionally repair farm equipment. > They say it would be fine for that. Anybody want to venture a guess > as to what it might be worth? I suspect somebody will walk away with > it for between $250 and $1000. Is it an okay machine for my mission > or should I just save up some more and go get a new $3,000 Miller > Bobcat or something? I really don't want to tie up a lot of money in > something that I won't use very often. > > > > > >
Reply to
MES