Hobart 4030D Mega-Arc

Guys, I have a chance to bid on a Hobart 4030D Mega-Arc? diesel welder that is up for auction at work. It has about 3165 hours on it. No cables or clamps are included. The guys that have welded with it say it is an okay machine but it wasn't one of their favorites. It is being sold as surplus. I would use it at the ranch to build pipe corrals, fix windmill towers and occasionally repair farm equipment. They say it would be fine for that. Anybody want to venture a guess as to what it might be worth? I suspect somebody will walk away with it for between $250 and $1000. Is it an okay machine for my mission or should I just save up some more and go get a new $3,000 Miller Bobcat or something? I really don't want to tie up a lot of money in something that I won't use very often.

Reply to
JJS

The Mega-Arc 4030 D is an excellent welding machine , being a Diesel with

Reply to
MES