Another simple weld that worked.

To me, this parses as "learning this is even harder to learn than it is," so perhaps a phrase got swapped or something is missing here...?

Thanks, --Glenn Lyford

Reply to
Glenn Lyford

Ooops - oa-cutting ... oa-welding ...

O A welding torch and how to set one is described in many places and easy on being once shown how.

Whereas I never found a guide to setting an O A cutting torch and I had to find my way to visualisation and method I describe.

Rich S

Reply to
Richard Smith

I think it means that the learning process is harder than the process learned ... or something like that . Maybe .

Reply to
Snag

"Richard Smith" wrote

snip

I do the following. Acet at four, oxygen at twenty. More oxygen if tip is over number one.

Oxygen open at branch, closed at lever. Acet closed. Open acet and strike. Open until black soot quits coming out of flame. Slowly open oxygen valve at lever to get blue cones. Squeeze lever and slowly adjust oxygen until blue cones appear. Squeeze handle and adjust oxygen until the cones don't change when lever squeezed or closed.

Time, about five seconds.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B